Thursday, January 31, 2008

32 Years Ago Today/Tonight



Columbia, SC January 31st, 1975 Gary Eaton 843-871-1560

Thirty two years ago high school buddy David Wooten and I rode a Greyhound bus to Columbia, SC to see Grand Funk. We arrived at the Carolina Coliseum just as Eric Burden was finishing his set. We had no idea how we were getting home but in the 15-20 minutes before GFR hit the stage, David had made arrangements with some people behind us (I think they were in the Navy) to ride home with them. I had two cameras with me, my Canon TL-b and David's Minolta SRT-101. A few songs into the show, I walked down to the floor and shot some photos. Back then we used film, Ektachrome 400 to be specific. It was a great concert, highlights being "I'm Your Captain", "The Railroad" and "We're an American Band". Click on the link above for some more photos.

No comments: